Easter Season Meditation
Risen One, open my mind and heart. Let me see and welcome your Presence.
- “Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized him (Luke 24:31).”
- What is God’s latest revelation to me? How has this impacted how I live now?
- “Jesus said to them, ‘Come and have breakfast’ (John 21:12.)”
- What spiritual food am I being offered for the nourishment of my soul? What food do I accept? What food do I reject?
- “He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him (Matthew 28:7).”
- How do I need to adapt to better recognize the Holy One in my life?
- “Do not be afraid; I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He has been raised (Matthew 28:5-6).”
- Fear filled the hearts of those who had loved Jesus. They found it difficult to believe the Easter message.
- What is keeping me from hearing the Truth that is being offered to me? What is my resistance revealing?
- “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe (John 20:29).”
- How do I cooperate with what Mystery is inviting in me?
- “Jesus said to her, ‘Mary!’ (John 20:16).”
- When have I too known intimacy with the Holy One?
- Who does God say that I am to Him?
- “Were not our hearts burning within us while he was talking to us on the road, while he was opening the scriptures to us? (Luke 24:13)”
- Where in my past have I experienced amazing relief after intense struggle?
- “Why do you look for the living among the dead? (Luke 24:5)”
- Where in my past am I looking for life? What am I being invited to release?
- “So, they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to tell his disciples (Matthew 28:8).”
- How do I share the powerful presence of God in my midst? How do I witness what I believe?
- “Jesus Himself stood among them and said to them, ‘Peace be with you’ (Luke 24:36).”
- How will I greet myself and my world with peace this Easter season?
(Source: Out of the Ordinary: Prayers, Poems, and Reflections for Every Season. By Joyce Rupp.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.