Is your life asking these questions of you?
- What has brought you to this place in your journey, this moment in your life?
- What gods, what forces, what family, what social environment, has framed your reality, perhaps supported, perhaps constricted it?
- Whose life have you been living?
- Even when things are going well, do things feel not quite right?
- Does so much seem a disappointment, a betrayal, a bankruptcy of expectations?
- Do you believe that you must hide so much, from others, from yourself?
- Does life seem a script written elsewhere, and you barely consulted, if at all?
- Does the idea of your soul trouble you, and feel familiar as a long-lost companion?
- Is the life you are living too small for the soul’s desire?
- Is now the time for you to answer the summons of the soul, the invitation to the second, larger life?
From: Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life: How to Finally, Really Grow Up. By James Hollis.
If you would like to consider these questions further, please feel free to reach out to me at any time to discuss the possibility of Spiritual Direction. Reach me at laura.lies@StreamsGrace.com