Discerning God’s Call for Social Justice: Questions for Personal Reflection
- What is your deepest longing? What does your soul long for? What is your deepest discontent? What is shaking you up?
- Are you rooted, or are you stuck? How are you grounded?
- How is your heart closed? Are you receiving enough? What is needed in your life now?
- What brings you peace? What brings a free-flowing joy through your heart?
- What is God’s invitation to you right now? What is the right next, sacred step now?
- How are you taking a loving look at what is going on in your life right now?
- What comes up most often in your conversations? Do an Examen. Look for patterns. What is your natural tendency?
- Where do you hesitate to go? Where does your shadow come out?
- Where do you have a voice? What is the spiritual fruit in this moment? In this story?
- How do you connect to mystery?
- How is God inviting you to respond? What does a contemplative response look like?
(From Spiritual Directors International Webinar series: Social Justice & Spiritual Direction. Fall 2018.)